Hi everyone!
I know its been a while since I last blogged. I apologize for keeping you all waiting!!! hahaha.
This week has been an interesting one. I have had to make a couple difficult decisions about work which was not fun! If you've been following my Facebook, you might have noticed, that I now only have one job! Yes, I had to cut down to one. Trying to schedule 2 jobs and a full time course load, AND a boyfriend....was a little crazy!!! I am now only working at The Children's Place in the Vaughan Mills mall. The store is HUGE. I am making decent hours, a slightly better wage and since I had already worked at the store in Cambridge, I was working by myself the first night I was there. The reason for this decision happened when I spoke to my manager at The Children's Place during my orientation - they were not willing to accomodate me for a second job. It was them (with additional hours) or I was going to be let go. I spoke with my dad and Rob and decided that the best option was to stay there. Unfortuantely that meant quitting Zellers. This was a difficult decision to make becuase I was really enjoying Zellers and liked the people I got to work with. Each job/situation had its pro's and con's, so I had to choose the job with the more positives. Thankfully Zellers was extremely understanding and told me that I would be welcomed back there any time. I very much appreciated their kindness and understanding.
This month is going to be crazy for assignments at school! It is really beginning to pick up. Please keep me in thoughts and prayers, that I don't become too overwhelmed with the amount of school work and job work I am going to attempt to squeeze in! I have to say, I am enjoying most of my classes. A few of them are mainly refresher courses, since I have learned similar things already. I am also getting to know a few of the people in my class and I'm really enjoying getting to know them. As we are all becoming more comfortable, you can really see personalities emerge, which is kinda neat! I'm looking forward to seeing the relationships grow and develop over the next few semesters.
Some of you may have noticed the title of this blog is a John Mayer song. The song was playing while I was writing this blog and I have to admit, I love it! I thought I would share a couple thoughts about it. The chorus goes like this:
"Pain throws your heart to the ground
Love turns the whole thing around
No it won't all go the way it should
But I know the heart of life is good"
God IS Love. He is the HEART of life. And no matter what we're going through, despite the pain and the challenges we're constantly facing, He is with us. Guiding, teaching and loving us all along the way. Even though sometimes things seem to get from bad to worse, we have to remember that we're going to be ok. Becuase no matter what, love (God) turns everything around.
One final note, I am currently reading a book called "Blue like Jazz" by Donald Miller. It was refered to me by Rob and my dad. It's a fabulous read, I'm really enjoying it. If you've read the book before, I'd love to hear your thoughts about it!!
xoxox
No comments:
Post a Comment