Monday, September 7, 2009

Dorm Life

Hey! So today was our very first residence meeting! I should back track and share with you what happened earlier in the day. It has been a busy one!
Last night, Mandy and I watched a movie on tv then washed our dishes and enjoyed a nice relaxing evening. Then this morning we got up and headed to Cambridge. I met up with Nathaniel and Todd and went to Heritage to meet up with some friends there. A group of us went out for Viet Thai food at a favorite restuarant! It was soooo good! I then took Rob and his dad to Toronto. His dad needed to pick up their 3rd car becuase it had a break down a few days ago. Then I drove Rob to work, he got a chance to pick up an overtime shift, so he was going in for the evening. I got back to school (to our new home!) and just watched tv as I waited for our residence meeting tonight. Mandy has a couple friends staying tonight - which I agreed to on the condition that they were quiet becuase I have class first thing tomorrow morning. We attended our floor meeting at 6. It was nice to see the people who were on our floor. We played a "get-to-know-you" type game and they went over our rules and information about the building. It wasn't too detailed but it was good to get out and see some people. We have different events every day this week, hopefully I'll have the chance to meet some people. Classes start tomorrow (for me), so I have to get up bright and early! My first two classes start, so I'll have a chance to meet some of my classmates and hear about the program which I'm really excited about!

On another note, I just want to say I have the best boyfriend in the world!!! lol. Rob's family always has these fantastic peppermints. They are a dutch thing, so I had never eaten them beforeI met him. I have to say I'm addicted! I love them, they are so delicious! Today when I picked Rob up, he brought me the rest of the bag that I had been eating! I know it doesn't seem like a big thing, but these are valued mints, so it was sweet of him to sacrifice them!!! xoxo

I'll try and write tomorrow sometime to let you know how my first day of classes went! Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment