Friday, September 4, 2009

This is my season...

Hi everyone!
So it has finally come....the final crunch before we move! My room is a DISASTER. But I think I am FINALLY done packing. I have alot of things to go to Goodwill and several boxes to put in storage, but I think it's finally complete! I can't believe that we move TOMORROW! Ahhh! It's coming so fast! I'm excited, but nervous and a little unsure, because I'm not sure what this year holds for me. It's also a little sad becuase I'm not going to be seeing my friends and family as much as I'm used to. It's weird because all of my Heritage friends are moving back this weekend just as I am picking up to leave....it's a strange feeling! And I won't be able to see Rob as much as I would like....so that is going to be difficult to get used to. You know how they say "distance makes the heart grow fonder"? Whoever came up with that was having a break down of some kind. I hate distance! It sucks being apart for long periods of time!!! lol.

Thank you for all of your encouragement and prayers and love over the past couple weeks. Things have been crazy, but I am finally feeling ready to go. It's a big step but I think I'm really ready for it.

There is a verse in the Bible that I think is very fitting for this moment in my life. It's Ecclesiastes 3:1 "There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven". It just reminds me that as difficult and challenging that this year is going to be, and even these next couple of days as I say goodbye for a while, that its ok. That this is the point in my life where I get to start a new season. I get to open a new chapter in my life and continue to learn and grow. I know this year is going to test me as I learn to live with 230 other students, and as I get back into the swing of school, but I'm ready. This is my season. This is a significant time in my life and I'm ready!

Thanks again to everyone for your encouraging emails, notes and comments. I can't explain to you how much all the love and support means to me. Hopefully I will have a chance to write and let you all know how the settling in is going over the next few days. I know they are going to be a whirlwind of crazy-ness and excitment and emotion!

No comments:

Post a Comment