Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Alive

Hi Everyone,

Alot of you have heard or been wondering about what happened the other night. Myself and a couple friends from school were in a car accident. Before you get panicky - we are all perfectly fine! I don't want to downplay it because it was absolutely terrifying but by the grace of God, we made it through without being seriously injured.

Here's what happened.
Monday night Danielle, Julie and I are heading back to Toronto to school. It's just after 8 and its been snowing like crazy all day. We were not driving very fast, 70mph at most. I go to switch lanes to move into a slower moving lane and someone behind me had a similar idea. Except, he moved over and started speeding up like crazy. I go to move back over to the lane I was initially in to allow the other car to get out of the way. However, in the process of moving over, we hit black ice or one of the snow piles that builds up between the lanes and I lost complete control of my car. We spun out and hit the front end of the car on the passenger side off the cement median on the 401. We hit then kept sliding and spinning a little bit. We eventually hit the cement barrier with the back corner passenger side of the car and come to a halt. We are now facing on coming traffic sticking out into the fast lane a little bit. The entire car was silent as we realize what had happened. I immediately reminded everyone to keep their seat belts on and turned on the foreways. It was then that I panicked and didn't know what to do. I burst into tears as I made sure everyone was ok. A nice man pulled up behind us, came over to make sure we were ok and took a look at the damage to the car. Thankfully there wasn't much. The back bumper is a little shifted and cracked but other than that nothing was seriously wrong. The car re-started and we were able to pull back onto the highway and off at the next exit.

It was a terribly horrifying experience and I can't begin to tell you the strange things that went through my mind as we started to spin. My first concern was those who were in my car. I have to say I apologized profusely. I am happy to report that God definitely looked out for us. Had we been hit by another car, I likely would not be writing this blog. Nobody was hurt, minus a tea burn and a very sore back. I can only thank God for protecting us and letting us make it through such a scary ordeal. We are also all very thankful for the man who stopped to help us. Out of all the cars that were speeding past he was the only one who came over.

I'm alive.
Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Miss...I'm so glad to hear you aren't hurt! That would be terrifying, especially on the 401! It seems God has kept both of us safe from car accidents in the past few months! Praise the Lord! and oh, the durn black ice...

    love you!

    ReplyDelete