Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The beginning of a season

So, I looked at the calendar today and realized that it's the 30th of November. Insane! Tomorrow it will be December. With December comes the season of celebration. A season of hope.

But, for alot of people December also brings along with it difficult memories. Not to mention the extra stress and scheduling conflicts. For me, it brings all of the above. All of you know that the past couple of years have not been easy for my family. There has been alot of change and alot of ups and downs. Christmas over the past couple of years has changed a little bit for each one of us.

This year, again, my Christmas will be changing. This year I will be celebrating my very first Christmas with my husband. I've never had a husband before! Not only will it be a new experience with him, but we are also travelling over the holidays which I have also never done before.

With all this change, I become a little hesitant. I LOVE Christmas. Those who are close to me know that I am a Christmas nut. I love the lights, the music, the movies, the snow...etc. Problem is, I don't always love change.

However, despite all the changes in the past couple of years my love for this season has not diminished, but it has changed slightly. Christmas is now more about spending time with the people I love. It's about cherishing what the season is really about. This is a season of hope. A reminder that the world was given the greatest gift...in a little baby. That right there is plenty a reason to celebrate!

Christmas bring many of memories, good and bad. I am trying not to look back on those memories and wish I could re-live them again. I cherish those times as they helped mold me into the person I am today. What I look forward to this Christmas season, is creating new memories. I intend to cherish every moment I have with my family and friends. And I hope to start new traditions for Rob and I. As this is our first year together we're going to be trying to figure out what works for us. I can't wait for us to establish those together!

So friends, as you prepare to engage in your Christmas traditions...cherish them. Cherish the people you are celebrating with. Don't be afraid to try something new too!

Remember the Christmas season is a time of hope and a time of celebration.

Enjoy!

P.S. For those of you who were worried that since we're going away for Christmas, I won't get to decorate - don't panic! I still put up a Christmas tree and lights around the house!! I wouldn't let my new house go undecorated!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment