Friends!
In a post I wrote the other day I mentioned how I was lacking of motivation and therefore feeling a little down and discouraged. Well, I'm happy to report that I've been doing some research on how to get out of this little slump and get moving again.
I was reading online that in order to succeed at getting going again there are a couple things I need to put into place. One of them is creating a goal for myself. I was warned not to make it anything huge because if it is unatainable I will become discouraged and once again fall into the laziness slump. Second, put a plan in place. Physically type up my goal and action plan and tape it to the fridge, display it at work, etc. Not so that the whole world can see, but so I can be reminded each day of my goal and how to get there. Next step, get support. Step after that goes hand in hand with the last step, put people in place to hold you accountable. Hopefully with the encouragement from them when I'm doing well will be enough to help me keep moving forward. Also, when they come to me saying I'm slacking I will hopefully get enough of a push from them that I will keep going.
So here it is, my plan. I have to admit that my only real goal is to get out of this lazy slump. Also, I want to be able to feel good about myself. So, in order to feel good I figured I should (in the most vain sense of feeling good) feel good about how I look. Therefore, part of my goal is to get more physical activity. Instead of sitting inside my house like a lump on a log, I need to get out, get up and get moving. Since gym memberships are ridiculously expensive I have searched the internet and come up with several ideas of things I can do at home and that don't cost any money! Becuase I get bored easily, I have a different option to do each day to keep it exciting and different. I plan on doing this 4 days a week (Not Wednesdays because Rob's home, Saturday's becuase they are usually WAY to busy and Sunday's because I already play soccer that day).
A couple home options are: Walk. How simple is that!? Walk somewhere for 10 minutes. Then walk home. At the end of it, I will have walked 20 minutes. Genius!! Next, I have read in multiple places that dancing is a great work out. I plan on going home tonight and creating myself a upbeat, fast paced playlist that runs for 25-30 minutes long. Then dancing days I will put on the playlist and let loose! Another option that I found online is called "basement bootcamp" it's 5 really simple exersizes that I can do right at home. It's a circut and because I change positions so much it'll hopefully be enough to encourage me to keep going.
Now comes your part. I need YOU to be my encouragment/accountibility buddies. For one month, I want to try and do this "get moving" project. I plan to do some activity 4 nights a week. At the end of each week I will blog and tell you how I did that week. If I start making excuses I need you to call me out on them. I look forward to your words of encouragement and words of motivation throughout this project.
On a side note, If any of you would like to join me, I'd be happy to have a walking or dancing buddy!
I'm hoping that in a month, I won't feel as lazy. I'll feel happier because I've stuck with something and who knows, I might even get into shape!
Let the project begin!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment