Thursday, November 12, 2009

Food blessing

Hi friends!

I just wanted to share with you something so simple yet such a tremendous blessing!
Last night, a couple of friends from home came to visit me up in little King City. Pat, Todd and Rob showed up at my work (after getting lost) met me there and followed me back to my residence. It was a fabulous time of chatting, joking and hanging out. They got to meet my new Seneca friends, who may I say are awesome! We had alot of laughs! I just love you girls! Anyways, we all hung out, ate cookies and did a little celebrating for Julie's birthday! Once we separated a little bit and I got chatting and catching up with the boys, it came up that I am paying out more money for my different payments than I am actually bringing in. I am struggling financially quite a bit. I'm not letting it bother me too much, I've prayed about it and am making all the payments I need from week to week. Anyways, the boys heard about my money struggles and proceeded to ask "What's open at this hour?" (This hour being 1am) Not knowing where they were going with this, I knew there was a 24 hour gas station and a 24 hour Sobey's in Aurora. They all jump up, tell me to get my shoes on and announce that we are going shopping. I started to feel bad thinking that I had made them feel guilty and like I needed them to pay for stuff for me. Pat encouraged me a little by reminding me that sometimes, we need others to bless us. So we packed up and headed to Sobey's at 1:30am. We went in and did some shopping - a cart full of fabulous frozen foods, veggies, bread and fruit. At one point I started feeling rather guilty again and went to Pat and reminded him that he didn't have to do this and I didn't want to feel like I needed the charity. All he did was stop walking, kiss me on the forehead and say "I love you Missy" and he walked away. It was just a reminder that he knew he didn't HAVE to do it for me. It's because he loved me that he wanted to bless me in this way. (In a way it's kinda what Jesus did for us...he didn't HAVE to die, He chose to becuase He loves us). Anyways, We left an hour later with handfulls of grocceries, a few tears and an incredible blessing.

I have to say, I have the best friends in the world! I cannot say "Thank you" enough for the amazing blessing of a few grocceries! It's complete proof that God provides when you trust him. I am so grateful for the generocity and am so blessed by my amazing friends!
Thank you guys! Love you!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love friends :) and I love you Miss...glad they could help you out!

    ReplyDelete