Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Back to Chaos

Sadly, the time has come for me to start planning my big return to the working world.

I cannot believe that one year has flown by already. It's been such an amazingly wonderful journey to watch my little man grow up so far. It's been so fabulous to see him learn and watch him start to develop his little personality. He is going to be one year old in only a matter of weeks!! Eeeek!! Where did my little baby go!?

I am less than two weeks away to getting back into the working world. It's causing me some MAJOR stress and sadness. Returning to work means not being able to spend every day with my little man. It means early mornings, stressful days and short evenings with my baby. Not only that, but I am getting back into a work environment that is fast paced and can be extremely frustrating (depending on the day). This past year I have enjoyed slow days, lazy afternoons and mostly stress free days. I dread the dramatic change that is going to hit in a few short days. I'm soaking in every single moment with my wee man before I leave him for 8+ hours a day.

We aren't strangers to changing environments, that's for sure. These past few years, Rob and I have had some major changes in our lifestyle. Get married, buy a house and change jobs (all within 3 weeks), then a few months later, we aquired a roommate, two years later roommate moves out and within a few months we had a baby! One change after the other.

However, this change is causing me alot of stress. I hate the fact that I won't be able to spend as much time with Levi. I am also not really sure where I feel called in my life currently. Is working in the Insurance industry my future? If so, that's great! I do enjoy my job but I'm not totally sure its where I need to be right now. I will likely feel a bit better after I get back into the swing of things.

Unfortunately, returning to work at this point is a financial necessity. These past couple of months have been rough financially. Thankfully the Lord has provided and we have somehow managed to have food on the table and our bills paid on time. He truly does provide. Though, the frustrating part is that I am going to go back to work only to make the same as what I am making on EI because now we have to pay for childcare! Who knew that babysitting was going to be expensive! I am very fortunate to have a few friends who are willing to look after our little man and be a bit flexible with finances. For that I am extremely grateful.

Anyways, as I prepare for the change that is ahead, any tips and advice from working parents is welcome! How do I ease into this big transition, for myself and my wee guy? Been alot of tears and alot of prayer of this past two weeks and I have no doubt that will continue into the next couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment