Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Once Upon a Time....

Friends,




Thank you for your feedback on my blog. I appreciated hearing from you. It's incredibly encouraging.




Throughout the feedback I was reminded that I should only be writing about what I know. Write about the things I love. One of the things I know AND love is that I am married to the most patient, strange, wonderful man! So, being a newlywed of 5 months, what I know right now is that I am adjusting to a brand new life. And so, over the next few blogs I will be writing about my new life.




First, a little history.




Once upon a time, I attended Heritage Bible College. So did he. Although we attended the same school for nearly 2 years, we didn't interact much. We had mutual friends but never found ourselves with them at the same time. It wasn't until second year in Theology class where things really started. We attended class every Tuesday and sat beside each other. Each Tuesday after Theology class, I would drive him home. Most times we'd stop for a slice of pizza at a shop on the way home. Even though he only lived 15 minutes away from the school, sometimes those drives would take hours as we sat and chatted. Shortly after that school year, I entered a very difficult time in life. My close group of guy friends took me on a few road trips just to help me clear my head. He was always there on those trips. There were several nights where we'd sit up chatting until 4 o'clock in the morning. Even when he was on a trip in Holland and I was in Zambia, we were trying to make plans to somehow meet in England. (It never actually happened but how cool would that have been?!) As we began spending more and more time together, things got clearer and clearer. I began to have feelings for this skinny, lanky, awkward, wonderful man. He finally got up the courage to "ask me out" in the basement of my house on July 4th, 2009. We had a great dating relationship going through long distances, job changes, and travelling. We started working for the same company in the summer of 2010 and enjoyed many drives to and from work all the while continuing to chat and get to know each other. On December 11th, 2010 (coincidentally Rob's birthday) we made a trip out to Guelph to visit my horse when he dropped to his knee and asked me "wanna get married"?! 8 short months later we stood at First Christian Reformed Church in Guelph surrounded by our wonderful friends and family and we exchanged promises. Promises to be honest, loving and faithful to each other. Fast forward 5 months...and here we are. So far, married life has been good! We don't see each other as much as we did before the wedding due to different working schedules. But we're enjoying owning our little blue house and learning how to live together.

I feel like I should say "The End" but friends, this is truly just the beginning!

"And they lived happily ever after"....at least they have so far!

1 comment:

  1. Miss, this was so you. your writing style is awesome, i loved it!!! so nice to be reminded of how you guys got together. xoxo

    ReplyDelete