Hi friends!
Wow, two blogs in one week. I think that's a record for me!
We had a meeting the other night with the district elder from our church. Throughout the meeting he was asking us questions about how we're doing adjusting to living together and being married. My first thought was, "It's been so great!" but that really doesn't explain how we're doing. So as I got thinking a little more in depth, I still stick to the fact that the 5 1/2 months we've been married have been so much fun! It hasn't really been too much of a challenge to learn how to co-reside. We've been pretty good at learning how to split the household duties. I do the laundry, he does the garbage etc. We've been good at creating patterns such as, when to do groccery shopping and what are good days to have guests over.
We've also really enjoyed starting to organize and put out little house together. Placing furniture in the house was the easy part. Now we're on to where to store things and what pictures to hang where. Again, this hasn't really been too much of a challenge for us. It's been fun to organize things the way we like it. We have a few disagreements sometimes but for the most part it's been fun to play this game of "house" as we learn to be grown ups.
But again, as I pondered the questions our elder asked us I realized that as fun as it's been these past couple of months, it's also quite a learning experience. I don't think that I can yet wrap my head around the fact that this is for real. We're not just playing a game and we're eventually going to have to give back the house. This is my new life. Along with my new life , a new role was created for me. The role of wife. I think I have written about this previously, but what is a wife? What is a wife supposed to look like, do, say etc?
So being the little reasearcher I am, I looked up the definition of the word "Wife". Here are my conclusions:
According to dictionary.com "Wife" is:
a. a woman joined in marriage to a man; a woman considerd in relation to her husband; spouse.
According to Wikipedia "Wife" is:
A female partner in a marital relationship.
Problem with these definitions is that they are only about the physical person of a wife. But what does it truly mean to be a wife. What does my new job entail? Over my next few blogs, I will be researching this a little more. I would appreciate your definitions of what you think a wife is! Feel free to share with me as I start to discover and embrace this new role in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment