I'm sorry it's been so long since I wrote! I can't believe how fast time has flown and how much we've had to do. Despite the crunch and the busy-ness of the last few weeks, I have had a fantastic long weekend! Thursday night was Rob's youngest brother Matt's highschool graduation. It was so great to witness and be apart of such an important night for him. Canada was spent visiting future family members on the Port Burwell beach. I got fried! Like every other time I go to the beach! lol. Saturday Rob and I had a few meetings and spent the morning doing some running around. Then Saturday afternoon, I was surprised by my future family with a surprise shower! I was completely shocked when I walked into the house and saw everyone standing waiting for me. Rob's mom, Astrid, had put together an entire shower for me without giving anything away! Good secret keeper, that's for sure! And I never realized how well they knew me...the shower was a tea party! All the ladies were dressed for afternoon tea! We had a beautiful selection of finger sandwiches, snacks, cakes and of course, tea!!! I felt a little under dressed as I came to the part in my jean shorts and tank top, but I had an amazing time! Thank you to everyone who kept it a secret and who came to the shower. So much fun!
Now, the reason I am really writing this blog. Today marks a big day for Robert and I. Today is our 2 year anniversary from dating! We're are very proud of ourselves! I love him even more now than I did the day that I started dating him. What's also really cool about today is that July 4th marks 40 days to the wedding!!! Next years anniversary will be celebrated just over a month later! I CANNOT believe that its only 40 days away! Incredible! How fast the time is sailing by. I got a beautiful gift from Rob for the anniversary as well as for the wedding. It's a beautiful necklace that I have been looking at for months. I'm not going to go into details about it because hopefully it will be seen on our wedding day!
Anyways, I am pretty pooped from a very full weekend. Rob and I are in the midst of making some HUGE life changing decisions as well as preparing for this wedding. I am beginning to feel slightly more overwhelmed and stressed. Any prayers and kind words are appreciated these days.
40 days....eeek!!!
ah!!! No wonder she said she had to cancel the shower on you :) she's so sneaky!!!! I love it!!!
ReplyDelete