I just wanted to share with you a song that I heard and actually listened to the lyrics of earlier this week. I am already a big Carrie Underwood fan and I have loved most of the music she has put out. On her most recent album (of which Mandy got me for Christmas last year! Thanks Bob!) she has a song titled Temporary Home. I had the CD in while I was driving to work the other day and this song came on. I've heard it before, but never been in the situation where I actually listened to the lyrics. When it started I was almost tempted to switch it to something upbeat to keep me alert during my drive but I didn't. I am so glad I didn't. As the song started, I knew right away it was going to be something touching. As the chorus started I got goose bumps. As soon as the song finished I immediately turned it back to the beginning and listened to it again. Now those of you who drive with me understand that I have a problem - I am physically unable to listen to the entire recording of a song - I always switch it. This song was so different. I believe that I actually listened to it 4 or 5 times through before I got to work.
The chorus of the song is:
"This is my temporary Home, it's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms, I'm passing through.
This is just a stop on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know, this is my temporary Home."
This was an incredible reminder to me that as I live day to day and worry and stress about things - its not forever. None of this is going to last. All too often I find myself overlooking that and getting worked up about stupid things that are guaranteed to fade away. I don't spend enough time with the only One who is truly lasting.
As we travel through this life, as we meet and loose people. As stress, worry and strain take over our emotions. It gives me hope to remember that this is not the last stop. This is just a temporary place as we wait until the glorious days of forever.
Temporary Home
Carrie Underwood
Little boy, 6 years old
A little too used to bein' alone.
Another new mom and dad,another school,
Another house that'll never be home.
When people ask him how he likes this place...
He looks up and says, with a smile upon his face,
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
Young mom on her own.
She needs a little help, got nowhere to go.
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out,
Because a half-way house will never be a home.
At night she whispers to her baby girl,
"Someday we'll find our place here in this world."
"This is our temporary home.
It's not where we belong.
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home."
Old man, hospital bed,
The room is filled with people he loves.
And he whispers don't cry for me,
I'll see you all someday.
He looks up and says, "I can see God's face."
"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This was just a stop,on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know... this was
My temporary home."
This is our temporary home.
A little too used to bein' alone.
Another new mom and dad,another school,
Another house that'll never be home.
When people ask him how he likes this place...
He looks up and says, with a smile upon his face,
"This is my temporary home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is my
Temporary Home."
Young mom on her own.
She needs a little help, got nowhere to go.
She's lookin' for a job, lookin' for a way out,
Because a half-way house will never be a home.
At night she whispers to her baby girl,
"Someday we'll find our place here in this world."
"This is our temporary home.
It's not where we belong.
Windows and rooms that we're passin' through.
This is just a stop, on the way to where we're going.
I'm not afraid because I know this is our
Temporary Home."
Old man, hospital bed,
The room is filled with people he loves.
And he whispers don't cry for me,
I'll see you all someday.
He looks up and says, "I can see God's face."
"This is my temporary Home
It's not where I belong.
Windows and rooms that I'm passin' through.
This was just a stop,on the way to where I'm going.
I'm not afraid because I know... this was
My temporary home."
This is our temporary home.
man, I watched the music video...and BAWLED!!! such a good song! Is she a believer?
ReplyDelete