Monday, July 19, 2010

Exhausting weekend

Hi friends,

I hope you are all well and enjoying the beauty that this weekend has held. This was a super busy weekend for Rob and I. We started Saturday with a trip to Sarnia, to celebrate the life of a friend of ours from Heritage. It was a very teary ceremony as many memories were shared. However, it was also filled with much laughter as we all remembered the man that is now experiencing the full glory of God. My continued prayers are with his wife Kristin and their families. After the memorial, we rushed back to Cambridge to change and hop in the car again. This time just to Guelph. Rob had a family gathering that we agreed we would stop by. It was nice to sit outside and enjoy some conversation with the wonderful family! Though I didn't know many people there, I had a good time hanging out with Rob's sister Sarah and chatting with some of the relatives from the states. As the sun started to set, I headed for home with Rob's 3 siblings, while he and his dad and uncle headed to Toronto to enjoy a Rush concert. Unfortunately, I am terrible with directions, but needless to say we made it home....from Guelph....an hour later. (Figure that one out!). After a late night, we woke Sunday morning, only to jump in the car again. Mandy and I had a soccer game in Port Elgin, which is about 2.5-3 hours away. It was nice to sit and catch up on some reading, but the driving makes for a long day. Thanks for driving dad!!! After another long day, we headed home and to be, so that we could both be up for 6am! (He for school and I for work). I'm feeling a little tuckered out. Feeling like we missed out on a weekend because we were so busy. This week is no exception, places to go and people to see each day. Though, as busy as it all is, I wouldn't change any of it. I want to live each second that I have been given, to the very fullest. I am thankful for every opportunity I have. Grateful for each moment. I never want to take my short time here on this earth for granted. Despite the long weekend and tired eyes I am now feeling, I am thankful.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment