Last night in my devotional time, I was asked to read through Psalm 13. This is a Psalm where David becomes impatient with God because God has asked David to wait for Him. The Psalm reads through and David says many times in desperation "How Long?". It is clear that he is beginning to get frustrated with the fact he has had to wait so long for God to answer him. Until the last 2 verses, David continues to talk about his waiting and what he hopes that God will do. But in the last 2 verses, something changes. Perhaps David actually realized that God will answer him, but he will do so in his perfect timing. It's like a lightbulb comes on in David's head, where he settles back and agrees to continue waiting. Instead he praises God for his unending love and his goodness.
This was an absolutely perfect Psalm for me to read last night. I am in the midst of attempting to find a job for the summer, and so far have come up empty. I am beginning to majorly stress about that as I only have about 2 and a half weeks left of school. As I read through this Psalm, I was reassured that even David had a hard time waiting upon God. I completely trust that He will provide for me, however I have no patience! (It's something I'm working on!) I was reminded that He is good and His love for me is unfailing and He will never forget about me. I just need to be patient and wait upon His perfect timing.
Psalm 13 (NIV)
1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me
Rejoice and be patient!
Peace!
Hey Missy!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for this reminder. I can understand how hard it is to wait for God to bring something you have asked for time and time again. I am learning more and more that trusting God is Key...If we have any doubt that that the needed things we have asked for won't be provided, we are doubting God and his promise to us. Thanks again for the reminder, I'm praying for you love!