Thursday, January 21, 2010

Self Reflection

Hi everyone!

I hope that you are all doing well. Sorry I haven't written in a while, I have been busy with work and getting back into the swing of school!

Today has been kinda depressing. Not to the point of being teary or bring me to a complete break down, but it did encourage me to do a little self reflection. Today in one of my classes our teacher had us do an activity (which I don't feel benefited anyone) to help encourage communication. One by one, we had to stand up and allow the rest of the class to write one word on a slip of paper. One thing they thought of you from a first impression. The teacher collected all the papers and each person got to take theirs home to read. I'm not going to disclose things that were written about me, but what I will say is that I was shocked about how I come off to people. It made me a little bummed and I was a little taken about finding out what people thought of me. Needless to say, I have decided to use it as a learning tool and take each of the words as something I can use to help myself grow and become a better person. Not take them to heart, because most of those people don't know me for who I really am, but take what they said and see what I can do perhaps adjust how I come across to people in first impressions. As upsetting as it was to read some of the things I did, I hope that they can be used to benefit me and help me grow as a person.

Anyways, hope you are all doing well! Please drop me a line sometime, I love to hear how you guys are doing!

Love you all!
Peace

2 comments:

  1. It also goes to show how quickly we are to judge people even before we get to know them. May they were all just jealous of you :p Sorry it kind of bummed you out, but I think you're coming at it with the right approach :)

    Love, Ash xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a very hard time believing that anybody had a bad impression of you Missy. But It's good to hear your taking as a learning opportunity. Aside from that, how is school going? I haven't talked with you in a while.

    ReplyDelete