Hi Everyone,
So on Sunday night, Rob and I went to his church for the evening service. I have been missing out on going for several weeks because of work, so when we had the chance to make the evening service I jumped! It was a great service where they read different passages and sang all different Christmas songs in between. It was so nice! One thing that pastor did at the beginning of the service, which he explained later was he lit a candle. No, it was not the advant candles, this was a different one. This one he said was lit for all the people who were going to have a difficult time at Christmas this year. Each year holds troubles and triumphants, life and death, and in many peoples' cases, Christmas just isn't a happy time due to many different circumstances. This year I feel like I am a little in that boat. Don't get me wrong, Christmas is still my absolute favorite time of year, however with having to work all holiday and with my new family set up, it's going to be much much different. I just pray that throughout the changes and the challenges the season holds, that I will always remember why we are celebrating in the first place. If God had not been gracious enough to send his son to save us, we would not have Christmas. So despite the changes and the challenges, I am going to choose to celebrate him and the life that Jesus lived. HE is the reason for the season.
Merry Christmas.
Peace.
AMEN!!! I love you Miss...
ReplyDelete