Monday, June 21, 2010

Decision Made....I think.....

Hi friends,

So life. It has this great way of throwing things at you from no where. Things that not only interfere with current plans, but things that change the plans for the future as well. Well, one of those curve balls has been thrown at me. That ball is regarding school this year. I don't believe that I will be going back to school this fall. I did fantastic this past year with marks. I finished the year with 4 A+'s and 2 A's. So it's certainly not about the marks. But despite my doing well this year, I still don't believe I will be going back. Mostly the reasoning has to do with finances. Yes I applied for OSAP, but yes the residence fees have increased by about $1000. I tried to work out a payment plan with residence, but they still needed $2000 by this Friday - and I don't have that. Also, due to financial things at home, I think it'll be best for this year to remain at home and work like crazy to put away some money. School was absolutely God's timing last year. With all the craziness that life held, it worked out wonderfully to get away for the year and start fresh. I just don't feel that this year that's the best place for me to be. It's taken alot of thinking, praying and discussion, but I'm thinking that school is a no go this year. Which is slightly disappointing seeing as I will be missing my Seneca friends.

But....such is life. And I am learning how to roll with the punches. You'd think by now I would be expecting the unexpected and ready for all the twists and turns life brings. But God continues to surprise me with the plans He has for me.

There is a quote in a fabulous movie called "Extreme Days" that I think defines life. Certainly defines mine this past couple of years!

"We had some random things happen to us; some good, some bad, some you can't explain, some you don't want to. But one thing we did learn for sure...when God throws a curveball...don't duck...you just might miss something."

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment